THE TOUR OF THE DROCHIA DISTRICT

Drochia is located in the north of the country, in 1777 – was first mentioned in chronicles of the year in 1830 – was a settlement of 25 families. City name comes from bustard bird. Valentina Tour Travel Agency offers a trip to Drochia rich in both natural tourist attractions, as well as cultural sites. Below you can familiarize yourself with the sights included in the program: Jewish Cemetery in the village of Zgurița The first stop of our tour of the Drochia district will be at the Jewish Cemetery in Zgurița village, which represents the remnants of a once thriving Jewish community on the territory of today’s Republic of Moldova and the historical proof of its existence. In the 19th century, during the Russian Empire, thousands of Jewish families have been dislocated from Ukraine and Belarus to Bessarabia (today – the territory of the Republic of Moldova). Subsequently, thousands of their relatives and friends have also migrated to this place thanks to its friendly climate and the benefits given to Bessarabia by the Russian Empire during that period. Thus, by the beginning of the 20th century, approximately 200 thousand Jews lived in Bessarabia and the village of Zgurița was one of the places where a relatively large population of Jews was gathered. The Wooden Church “The Assumption of Virgin Mary” in the village of Măcăreuca The second stop of our tour of the Drochia district will be at a church, which has rightly been recognized by the Government of the Republic of Moldova as an architectural monument of national importance. Built from wood and covered with straws by the nobleman Nicolae Russo, the Wooden Church from the village of Măcăreuca has been first documented in 1793. Hence, this holy sanctuary has survived for over 220 years (!), serving as a spiritual parent for the Christians of this village. This is why the Wooden Church “The Assumption of Virgin Mary” from the village of Măcăreuca is of great interest both for the people who are in touch with the spiritual side of life, as well as for any person who enjoys a beautiful and unique architecture. Farmer’s Museum and the Ostrich Farm in the village of Cotova Our next stop will be in the village of Cotova, where we find the Farmer’s Museum and the Ostrich Farm, which is renowned in the Republic of Moldova. Here, you will be able to see a rare collection of horse carts and carriages from various eras, as well as over 500 exhibits, which are the vestiges of the history of this place. „The Great Spring” in the village of Cotova The forth stop of our Drochia tour will be at an extraordinary spring, which has one of the biggest debits of water in the Republic of Moldova – approximately 300 liters per second. Recently cleaned and rearranged, the Great Spring from the village of Cotova has always been a source of life for the locals. Beside the calming effect it has on the locals and visitors alike, the Great Spring from Cotova holds an extraordinary cultural and religious meaning for the Drochia district. The „Mândâc Park” Mansion The Drochia sightseeing tour will have its last stop at an especially picturesque place, which is also a monument of historical significance, and of landscape architecture. The construction of the „Mândâc Park” Mansion has begun in 1877 as ordered by the nobleman Kaetan Ohanowicz, of Polish origin. The nobleman was astonished by the beauty of this place, as well as by its calming and reconciliatory effect. The Mansion also possesses a wonderful park (hence the „Mândâc Park” name), which, according to locals, has only taken 40 days to be planted because the mansion soon had to become the place of romantic rendezvous between the nobleman Kaetan Ohanowicz and his ladylove from Poland. Today we are lucky to have the chance of visiting this fantastic mansion, which in those times was only the exclusive privilege of aristocrats.
Facebook Comments